‘With whomsoever Allah Ta’ala desires goodness, He grants them a firm understanding of Deen (Religion).’(Statement of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
The Aalimah Course at Green Oak Academy is designed to equip students advanced Islamic knowledge which is required to develop a thorough understanding of Islam under the guidance of experienced and learned Scholars (Ulama).
The Aalimah course is immensely rewarding spiritually and academically. Students are able to develop an outlook which is in line with the authentic teachings of Islam and not only bring into practice themselves but to also become the means of guidance for others.
Our teachers are compassionate, caring and highly skilled and trained. Lessons are monitored by senior teachers to ensure quality and we emphasise moral and spiritual development alongside academic advancement.
The Aalimah course is covered in 6 years, during which students achieve a comprehensive understanding of Classical Arabic, key sciences of Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence), Hadeeth (Prophetic Traditions) and Tafseer (Commentary of Qur’an).
The Aalimah course is available at the Madrasah site in Birmingham and also online (only for those unable to attend a local onsite setting and are able to maintain the high standards which are required).
Minimum entry age and the Pre-Aalimah Course:
- 11 Years+
- Admission into any year of the Aalimah course is possible, provided that the applicant displays appropriate academic ability and evidence of previous studies.
- The pre-Aalimah course (1 year) is specifically designed for girls who wish to progress from Maktab studies into the Aalimah course.
- Admissions to the Pre-Aalimah course are open throughout the year, however we advise that enrolment be made at the beginning of the Academic year (September).
Language of Instruction:
- English in the early years as required.
- Urdu as a language will be taught in the early years enabling students to develop proficiency in the Urdu language also.
- As students progress through the Aalimah course, Urdu will be used more commonly. In the final two years lectures of Qur’an, Hadeeth and Fiqh will be in the Urdu language.
- Year 1 to Year 4: 4:30pm to 7:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Year 5 to Year 6: 9:00am to 3:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Academic year begins in September and runs until July.
- Holidays normally in line with UK School holidays.
- A full calendar detailing holiday schedule is provided to students.
- During the academic year, students participate in 5 module examinations which contributes towards 50% of the final score at the end of the year. This is then followed by a final end of year examination which contributes towards the other 50% of the final grade. and one final end of year examination.
- Year 1 to Year 4: £65 per month (11 payments during an academic year)
- Year 5 to Year 6: £200 per month (11 payments during an academic year)
- Year 1 to Year 4: Lessons are conducted by Female Mual’limahs with some lectures from senior Ulama delivered with full consideration for Hijaab regulations.
- Year 5 to Year 6: Lectures are conducted by Senior Male Lecturers with full regard for Hijaab regulations. Female Mual’limahs monitor student progress and attendance.
Mufti Abu Zafar Saheb – Senior lecturer of Hadeeth
Student and disciple of the venerable late Qari Muhammad Tayyib Qasmi and graduate of Darul Uloom Deoband.
Mufti Abu Zafar Saheb has served as senior Imam at Kings Heath Masjid for the last 35+ years and a senior lecturer of Hadeeth at Green Oak Academy as well as other local institutes.
Mufti Saheb also serves as the patron for the Fiqh Council of Birmingham.
Mawlana Maseehullah Patel Saheb – Senior lecturer of Tafseer and Hadeeth
Mawlana initially studied at Darul Uloom Dewsbury completing Hifz-ul Qur’an and the early years of the Aalim course. Mawlana thereafter moved to the prestigious Jameah Riyadhul Uloom (Islamic Da’wah Academy – Leicester) where he completed the Aalim Course in 2007.
Mawlana is an experienced Imam and Scholar who has served the West Midlands Muslim community diligently over the past 14+ years in various roles including as Imam of Kings Heath Mosque from 2011-2020.
Mawlana serves as the Executive Head Teacher/Chair of Governors of Green Oak Academy Girls’ School and is the Principal and senior lecturer of Tafseer (Qur’an commentary) and Hadeeth on the Islamic studies programmes at Green Oak Academy.
Mawlana Ebrahim Esakjee Saheb – Senior lecturer of Hadeeth and Fiqh
Mawlana is a graduate of Darul Uloom Bury and a Khaleefah of Mawlana Hashim Jogwari hafizahullah.
Mawlana has served as Imam and lecturer of Tafseer and Hadeeth at Masjid Al-Farouq (Walsall) for over 20 years as well as serving as principal of the Alim course at Masjid Al-Farouq.
Mawlana is also Trustee of Bilal Academy in Walsall.
Mawlana has served as Senior lecturer in Hadeeth and Fiqh at Green Oak Academy for 10+ years.
Mawlana Abdullah Patel Saheb – Senior lecturer of Tafseer, Hadeeth and Fiqh
Mawlana is Imam at Masjid Hidayah in Dewsbury and graduated from the Alim Course at Islamic Dawah Academy in Leicester. He completed his Hifz at Darul Uloom Dewsbury Markaz.
He also completed the Post Graduate Diploma at the London School of Journalism and is one of the members of Amanah Studio Editorial Board.
He is principal of Madrasah Al Amanah, teaches Hifz-ul-Qur’an and is Senior Lecturer in Hadeeth at Green Oak Academy.