‘With whomsoever Allah Ta’ala desires goodness, He grants them a firm understanding of Deen (Religion).’(Statement of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
The Aalimah Course at Green Oak Academy is designed to equip students with advanced Islamic knowledge which is required to develop a thorough understanding of Islam under the guidance of experienced and learned Scholars (Ulama).
The Aalimah course is immensely rewarding spiritually and academically. Students are able to develop an outlook which is in line with the authentic teachings of Islam and not only bring into practice themselves but to also become the means of guidance for others.
Our teachers are compassionate, caring, highly skilled and well-trained. We have a culture of going above and beyond the lesson to ensure that students in our care develop academically as well as spiritually.
The Aalimah course is covered in 6 years, during which students achieve a comprehensive understanding of Classical Arabic (Nahw, Sarf), key sciences of Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence), Hadeeth (Prophetic Traditions) and Tafseer (Commentary of Qur’an).
The Aalimah course is available at the Madrasah site in Moseley – Birmingham.
Minimum entry requirements and the Pre-Aalimah Course:
- 11 Years+
- Admission into any year of the Aalimah course is possible, provided that the applicant displays appropriate academic ability and evidence of previous studies.
- The pre-Aalimah course (1 year) is specifically designed for girls who wish to progress from Maktab studies into the Aalimah course.
- Admissions are processed throughout the year, however new students will enrol at the beginning of the Academic year (September). Please enrol as early as possible to avoid delays.
- The Aalimah Course is an advanced Islamic studies course at the end of which students graduate as Aalimahs. Please only enrol on the Aalimah course if there is genuine desire and commitment to progress in this course academically and spiritually.
Language of Instruction:
- English in the early years as required.
- Urdu as a language will be taught in the early years enabling students to develop proficiency in the Urdu language also.
- As students progress through the Aalimah course, Urdu will be used more commonly. In the final two years lectures of Qur’an, Hadeeth and Fiqh will be in the Urdu language.
- Year 1 to Year 4: 4:45pm to 7:30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Year 5 to Year 6: 9:00am to 3:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Y5 and Y6 students who are unable to attend from 9:00am > 3:00pm have the option to study in the evenings on weekdays alongside sessions on weekends. Times vary.
- Academic year begins in September and runs until July.
- Holidays are normally in line with the UK academic calendar.
- A full calendar detailing holiday schedule is provided to students at the beginning of each year.
- During the academic year, students participate in 5 module examinations which are each worth 10% of the final overall score awarded at the end of the year.
- This is then followed by a final end of year examination which contributes towards the remaining 50% of the final grade.
- Students must attain 60% overall to be able to progress to the next academic class.
- Year 1 to Year 4: £75 per month (11 payments during an academic year)
- Year 5 to Year 6: £205 per month (11 payments during an academic year)
- Year 1 to Year 4: Lessons are conducted by Female Mual’limahs with some lectures from senior Ulama delivered with full consideration for Hijaab regulations.
- Year 5 to Year 6: Lectures are conducted by Senior Male Lecturers with full regard for Hijaab regulations.
- Senior Mual’limahs monitor lessons, student progress and attendance daily.
Mawlana Maseehullah Patel – Senior lecturer of Tafseer and Hadeeth
Mawlana initially studied at Darul Uloom Dewsbury completing Hifz-ul Qur’an and the early years of the Aalim course. Mawlana thereafter moved to the prestigious Jameah Riyadhul Uloom (Islamic Da’wah Academy – Leicester) where he completed the Aalim Course in 2007.
Mawlana is an experienced Imam and Scholar who has served the West Midlands Muslim community diligently over the past 15+ years including as Imam in the Kings Heath area since 2011.
Mawlana serves as the Executive Head Teacher/Chair of Governors of Green Oak Academy Girls’ School and is the Principal and senior lecturer of Tafseer (Qur’an commentary) and Hadeeth on the Islamic studies programmes at Green Oak Academy.
Mawlana Abdullah Patel – Senior lecturer of Tafseer, Hadeeth and Fiqh
Mawlana is Imam at Masjid Hidayah in Dewsbury and graduated from the Alim Course at Islamic Dawah Academy in Leicester. He completed his Hifz at Darul Uloom Dewsbury Markaz.
He also completed the Post Graduate Diploma at the London School of Journalism and is one of the members of Amanah Studio Editorial Board.
He is principal of Madrasah Al Amanah, teaches Hifz-ul-Qur’an and is Senior Lecturer in Hadeeth at Green Oak Academy.